Wednesday 17 March 2010

Taking Up Old Habits

Happy St.Patrick's Day to everyone, hope you enjoyed your day's holiday (if you got one).
Not many people know this but I used to write poetry when I was in my early teens which I never really showed to anyone but when a few years later my older-self read it I used to be quite surprised that it never sounded as bad as I remembered (where as usually it is the other way round). It was quite random as you'd expect from a teenager and I was all about the obscure titles - the weirder they sounded the better I thought but it got me thinking yesterday when I picked up a copy of the poem 'Mirror' by Sylvia Plath (my favourite poem) that maybe I should attempt to try again with the whole poetry thing. I suppose it is just like this blog but shorter (thankfully I hear many say) and a little more constructed plus the good thing about poetry is you can really write about ANYTHING. Yeah so I think I'll give it a go and see how long it lasts and if I feel they are good enough to share, you never know I might be brave and post a few up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment