Tuesday 16 March 2010

A Moment of Reflection

I have neglected lately commenting on the A/W 2010 Fashion Weeks which initially started as a subconscious decision but then with all the blogs that automatically report on the catwalks and Vogue, Elle and all the other fashion magazines keeping everyone up to date how could I follow suit and give a unique commentary?
Fashion has changed - the catwalk is no longer where people go first for fashion advice, it is the individuals on the street that spark the ideas. You just have to look at the popularity of blogs like thesatoralist.blogspot.com to see this. Don't get me wrong I love the thrill of the catwalk and the stylists behind the shows do a fantastic job but they are limited in what they can do where as the general public have no limits to accessorising and what styles they team together.
Fashion really is getting more and more competitive as it enters the 21st revival of instant fashion, making it hard for wannabe fashion journalists like me to make a unique individual mark without being knocked for not having front row seats at fashionweek but anytime I get down about not having any hot fashion insider gossip I remember fashion is a love first and a career opportunity second. I originally started this blog as a diary to document my love affair with fashion and I believe the moment I start questioning what I write is the day to press delete to fashion revival.
I however have came across a few things on my Internet travels such as the gorgeous footage of Lanvin's show at http://www.garancedore.fr/en/ (a reminder of why I fell in love with fashion) and the knowledge that Carine Roitfeld and her Parisian Vogue team were banned from Balenciaga's show (why when French Vogue and the French label went so will last year? Roitfeld was practically an unconscious ambassador for the brand). It just goes to show that in fashion nothing is certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment