Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentines Day!


I hope everyone is having a great day whether they are single or in a relationship. I am spending my day catching up on things on my to do list and making fifteens while not worrying about the calories. I went and saw Tom Ford's 'A Single Man' last night in the QFT (Queen's film theatre) and I have to say it was absolutely amazing - he has made a poetic film about a relationship that concentrates on the loss more than the characters' sexualities which is what so easily could have happened. There was plenty of male nudity but it is far from tacky as Ford runs the camera over Firth and Hoult's bodies like a Roman sculpture. This is definitely not a film about homosexuality but one of life - the fears and worries that stop us from truly living and the way each and every one of us reacts to these little blips in different ways. I have to say I would have loved to have been on the film set as everyone looked so stylish in their 1960s gear - if only it was like that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment