Sunday 10 January 2010

A fashionable film

I am just back from seeing the film NINE directed by Robert Marshall and I have to say that it reminded me why I ever had a love for film. Great cinematography, fantastic costumes, amazing set, perfect direction and poignant acting. Daniel day Lewis's Guido Contini reminded me very much of Jean-Luc Godard - the dark glasses, the hat, wife a previous leading lady, no script preferring to observe his actors from a distant-script starts when camera begins to role. There is also a scene where Claudia played by Nicole Kidman lifts Guido's hat and places it on her head very much like Ollie in Bande a part. I realise that this all probably sounds a bit daft to anyone who hasn't studied film but don't let me put you off, no matter who you are you'll enjoy this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment