Saturday 9 January 2010

Fashion from the heart

I just thought I'd take a moment to explain to you what my passion for fashion involves. I may seem shallow talking about clothes, accessories and shoes like they are the most important thing in the world but believe me this is not the case. Fashion over my 21 years has become a love affair not my life. I also think the industry has so much to offer - there is nothing like the thrill of opening your first Vogue or Elle and being transported to a world of fantasy mixed with reality - a world were to express your emotions is okay, were there are no restraints. Or to buy your first pair of shoes (in my case heels) that make you feel all grown-up, to wear that 'lucky' item of clothing until it is falling apart and still get comments on it, to feel your something unique in a world were we are all expected to act the same. To a look at another person with admiration for there uniqueness (for the record money doesn't buy style) and share in the love of that jacket that is falling apart, those cute bargain booties or an old necklace of a deceased grandmother. This is why vintage has become so powerful in recent years regarding fashion - fashion ultimately should be a love of clothes and most importantly life - and what better why to express a life than through clothes or possessions that have had a life before you. Fashion is a movement, we are the people that make it and to do that successfully one must 'love thy neighbour' and their ''uniqueness'' because we're all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment